Good morning everyone! I hope you had a good week and are enjoying your weekend. Today I’m discussing the books I read in November and how they counted toward Readathin.
First, thank you to everyone who joined! This round wasn’t the best for me, but I hope it went well for you.
So, let’s get into what books I read, the stats, and my rating. If I have a review, I’ll link it. Also, click on the cover of the book and you can purchase the book from my Amazon Associates Link. I will get a small percentage of your purchase and it will only cost you what Amazon is charging for the book. It helps me out and I’ll be eternally grateful!
- 389 Pages
- Horror Anthology
- Published August 2015
- Dial Books Publishing (under Penguin Random House)
- Overall Rating: 4 stars
- *I received a free ebook copy of this book for my full, honest thoughts through Give Me Books Promotions*
- 272 Pages
- Adult Romance
- Published July 2019
- Book 1 in the Sin City Tales series
- Published by WBB Press
- Overall Rating: 3 stars
- Read Full Review Here
- *I received a free early release ebook copy of this book for my honest review from Give Me Books Promotions*
- 280 Pages
- Adult Romance, M/M
- Published November 20, 2019
- Book 2 in the Sin City Tales series
- Published by WBB Press
- Overall Rating: DNF
- Read my full review here to know why I DNFed this.
- *I received a free ebook copy of this book for my honest review from Give Me Books Promotions*
- 267 Pages
- Adult Romance, TW: Assault, mental abuse, dead child (happened before the book starts but is mentioned frequently), anxiety, depression
- Published on November 9, 2019
- Independently Published
- Rating: 5 Stars
- Read my review here
- 422 Pages (Audiobook)
- Psychological Thriller (Not. A. Freaking. Romance. For. The. Love.)
- Published June 2015
- Book 1 in the You series
- Published by Atria/Emily Bestler Books (under Simon and Schuster)
- Rating: 3.5 Stars (because I’m feeling generous)
So that’s it. Yup. I read 2 books for Readathin. Two. I completed two challenges.
Read a new to you author by reading You by Caroline Kepnes and reading a spooky book I meant to get to in October by reading Slasher Girls and Monster Boys.
Like I said, I hope you all had a better reading month than me. Just a warning, December won’t be much better. Christmas romance movies have taken over my December 😂
Comment with your favorite read of November! I’ll definitely see you all, well, tomorrow with another announcement post! I have an announcment, then a TBR, the another announcement planned! So be ready to mark your calendars!
See you all then! Task for today: smile at someone. Many someone’s. You don’t need a reason. When you walk by someone, just give them a smile and if you’re feeling ambitious, tell them to have a wonderful day or holiday. It could mean more to someone than you’ll ever know. And it’ll help you. Even faking it until you make it can help when it comes to your mood.
I am giving you this task (and I hope to continue to do this, giving you all tasks to do that day to make your life brighter, happier, and more productive) because this morning when i was getting ready to leave work, I was in a horrible mood. I don’t know what happened. My mood just plummeted after my last break. To the point where my best friend asked if I was mad at him and another friend asked what was wrong. I don’t want to be that person. When I’m having a bad day, I don’t want other people to think it’s their fault or that I’m mad at them for something.
So smile today. Tell people to have a wonderful day and holiday. It could mean a lot. A coworker from another shift who I barely know and don’t talk to often asked me where something was supposed to go. After I told her, she looked me dead in the eyes and told me that I had beautiful eyes. I couldn’t help but to smile. It’s the little things that can make all the difference in someone’s day. Be that brightness for someone, even if that someone is yourself. Smile at yourself in the mirror this morning.
I appreciate you all and hope you have a wonderful day today.