Good morning everyone! Today is First Lines Friday! First Lines Friday was started by Wandering Words and I’m really excited to join in!
That being said, I did put a little twist on it. So, I’m doing Shoutout Saturdays on here and on Instagram. FLF will be directly related to my Instagram shoutouts. My blog shoutouts will be focused on one single person or shop. It could be an author, bookstagrammer, book blogger, booktuber. shop, other, or all of the above.
But for my Instagram shoutouts, I’ll only be shouting out other Bookstagrammers. The rules for this include:
- If tMust be a public profile
- Must be a book related instagram
- Must have mostly your own photos (this can be taken yourself or made yourself, but I don’t want reposters or the like. Every once in a while is fine, but I want to shoutout the people who post their own stuff)
- Size doesn’t matter here. You can have 3 followers of 3,000.
- Must guess the book correctly
- Comment on this blog post with your guess and your instagram handle!
- Each post “closes” at midnight on Saturday. So you have from 8am until 11:59pm to guess!
- If too many people guess correctly, I’ll be limiting the amount to 5 shoutouts. But sometimes I will go over that. Or if I miss a FLF, I’ll go back to the last one and shoutout anyone who I didn’t the week before.
- You can be shouted out multiple weeks. Just know if I shouted you out the week before and I put a limit on the shoutouts, I’ll be choosing someone else. That way other people get a chance.
I think that’s it for the rules. So let’s get into the first lines Friday!! I’ll announce what the book was in my Saturday Instagram post so make sure your following me over there! The limits on shoutouts most likely won’t happen. Unless I get like 20 correct guesses. Then I may have to.
On a drowsy Sunday afternoon, a man in a long dark coat hesitated in front of a house on a tree-lined street. He hadn’t parked a car, nor had he come by taxi. No neighbor had seen him strolling along the sidewalk. He simply appeared, as if stepping between one shadow and the next.
There you go! Guess the book in the comments for a chance to be shouted out in my Shoutout Saturday Instagram post!
Thanks so much for joining me and good luck. I chose an easy one this week. Sometimes they will be harder so be warned! They won’t be too hard though. I’m not a monster.
See you all tomorrow and until then, let’s chat in the comments! Bye!